Each year, the Veterans of Foreign Wars selects elementary, middle and high school teachers to participate in the Smart/Maher VFW National Citizenship Education Teacher program. This year, VFW Post Teacher Award Chairmen may submit one candidate (or up to three, one from each age bracket) to their District Teacher Award Chairman (due to Districts by 11/15/2022), who may be chosen to compete for the first-place selection at Department Headquarters.
1. Teacher Award Rules and Eligibility: (link and attachment, below)
2. Teacher Entry Form: (link and attachment, below)
NOTES FROM THE TEACHER AWARD CHAIRMAN:
1. Each post must submit at least one Teacher Award Nominee to District (All-State requirement).
2. Maximum entries: each post can submit up to three Teacher Award Nominees to District, one per age group (K-5, 6-8 and 9-12).
3. Each post must submit Teacher Award Nominees to District with the following info:
one page resume OR up to five pages of supporting documentation.
head-shot photo is optional (required for submission from District to Dept)
4. Teacher Award Nominees submitted from District to State Chairman must include a head-shot photograph
5. DUE DATES (different from National requirements):
Teacher Award Nominations are due to posts by 31 Oct 2022
Teacher Award Nominations are due from posts to District by 15 Nov 2022
Teacher Award Nominations are due from District to State Chairman by 15 Dec 2022
6. Teacher Award Nominations sent to State Chairman (skipping District) will receive credit for their submission, however, they will NOT be judged.
7. One Teacher Award Nomination will be submitted from State Chairman to National.
8. Teacher Award Nominations can be sent to Headquarters (210 Glassmaster Rd., Lexington, SC 29072) or to Teacher Award Chairman Ginger Graham.